Heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC) is a growing industry which offers good pay and fast training. About 380,400 HVAC Technicians are employed in the U.S. About 19,000 HVAC jobs are expected to be added between 2020 and 2030 (bls.gov). Naturally, demand and pay for HVAC technicians will vary by state.
We have researched and gathered a list of states with the highest demand and best pay for HVAC technicians in 2021.
States with the Highest Demand for HVAC Technicians (2021):
- Number of Employees in NC: 15,150
- Employment per thousand jobs: 3.43
- Number of Employees in ID: 3,760
- Employment per thousand jobs: 4.97
- Number of Employees in FL: 30,480
- Employment per thousand jobs: 3.54
- Number of Employees in ME: 2,150
- Employment per thousand jobs: 3.63
- Number of Employees in MT: 1,540
- Employment per thousand jobs: 3.28
States with the Highest Annual Salary for HVAC Technicians(2021) :
- Washington D.C.--$70,130
- New Jersey-- $68,460
- New York--$66,180
No matter where you live, HVAC is a great career choice. Training times are as short as 6 months and there are many opportunities for growth.
Wondering if HVAC is the right career for you? Read more about what HVAC technicians do.
Ready to apply? We partner with some of the top HVAC schools around the country and we have connected thousands of students with the best HVAC education near them.