HVAC is a growing industry which offers good pay and fast training times. About 376,800 HVAC Technicians are employed in the US. About 15,100 HVAC jobs are expected to be added between 2019 and 2029 (bls.gov). Naturally, demand and pay for HVAC technicians will vary by state.
We have researched and gathered a list of states with the highest demand and best pay for HVAC technicians in 2021.
States with the Highest Demand for HVAC Technicians:
- Number of Employees in DE: 1,780
- Employment per thousand jobs: 3.94
- Number of Employees in ID: 2,670
- Employment per thousand jobs: 3.67
- Number of Employees in FL: 31,710
- Employment per thousand jobs: 3.61
- Number of Employees in ME: 2,120
- Employment per thousand jobs: 3.47
- Number of Employees in AZ: 9,600
- Employment per thousand jobs: 3.35
States with the Highest Annual Salary for HVAC Technicians:
No matter where you live, HVAC is a great career choice: training times are as short as 6 months and there are many opportunities for growth.
Wondering if HVAC is the right career for you? Read more about what HVAC Technicians do.
Ready to apply? We partner with some of the top HVAC schools around the country and we have connected thousands of students with the best HVAC education near them.